OFF TOP OF THE DOME RAPPING IS NOT THAT IMPRESSIVE

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back in the days I couldn't come up with one line of freestyle rhyme. I do not know why?. I think it was, because I drank too much and my mind was wasted. I looked up to rapers like Supernatural, that was an extraordinary talent in free styling. He was one of the crown holders. The rappers like Supernatural only making battle rap songs and seems not to come up with one targeted topic. I can enjoy free style rap music. I think it is more of an art to stick to a topic in a song. I tried this is it was quite a challenge. The great thing about the hip hop culture is the diversity of the sub genres in the hip hop culture. So it doesn't matter that a rapper can not stick to a topic. They can write freestyle rhymes, there still will be people that would enjoy free style raps.

Awhile ago I was trying to learn to freestyle off top of my head. On my way from work and visa verse I was trying to free style. This was just bragging about how dope I can rap and the other rappers can't. I was getting a hang of it and I found my self slipping over words like Yo! and the Microphone. I was constantly repeating these words after every 5 lines. I decide to practice harder and harder to not to get stuck on these words. I think rap is the greatest element of the hip hop culture.
And free styling is a art and a skill you got to develop to become a dope performing artist. If you want to impress the crowd with something extra then off top of the dome rapping is a great way. I can remember a Dutch rapper named Def P. He was communicating with the crowd and asking if anybody can come up with a word for him to free style about. So someone in the crowd screamed two words dildo and peanut butter.
He stared to freestyle about these words. It was funny.

I have been trying to free style for awhile and I am getting a hang of this. As more as I get to develop the skills of off the dome rhyming less impressive it becomes for me. And the rappers who battle each other can not impress me that much with their skills of off the dome rhyming. Few months ago I saw a battle between Wordsworth and a unknown rapper. This unknown rappers was cursing the whole time. It was nothing but negativity in his lyrics. I thought that Wordsworth was kind of standing above the lyrics of this unknown cat.

Right now I am more into rap songs with targeted content. The song such as 'The investigated report' of GZA's album is a good example. This song is a true hip hop classic. So I am not going to practice to rhyme off top of the dome anymore.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Mlb-Rumors by mlb-rumors.blogspot.com/ 2008

Back to TOP